Gypsum drywall is a type of sheathing used for interior walls and ceilings. Since the mid-1940s, it has been the primary wall construction in most houses. Vertical wooden pieces frame a room providing support for the sheets of wallboard. These sheets are connected to the framing by either screws or nails, and seamed together using a special drywall compound, which leaves an even and flat surface. The result is a wall that is smooth and easy to finish.
|Delivery period||10-15 days|
Gypsum board building systems are easy to install for several reasons.
1) It's relatively large compared to other materials, so they quickly cover large wall and ceiling areas.
2) Gypsum board assemblies require only a few tools for construction. It can be adhesively attached to many substrates.
3) It is a lightweight material and 2 workers can easily handle and cover large areas in very short time periods.
4) It is easily finished using either a few hand tools or relatively modest machines.
5) Gypsum board installers can quickly learn most application techniques in a few hours.